When the saints go marching in...

I want to be one of them.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Smiley People


You know the type. I have resolved this year to smile stupidly at everyone I meet for no good reason at all. The world needs more smiley people.

The worst is when you're swing dancing with someone who sort of looks off into the distance with this concentrated frown for the WHOLE SONG. I mean, give me something to work with here! Am I not doing well? Is it that bad? No one made you ask me to dance, you know. Do you hate dancing? Or are you just really concentrating? I try to assume the latter. I prefer to keep a sort of encouraging smile while dancing because, after all, dancing should be fun.

My smiley resolution was inspired by this girl who is a patient at physical therapy. The other day I was told to keep an eye on her while she was doing exercises. She passed me on the way to her next exercise and when I looked at her she gave me this smile, teeth and all, and I thought, "Wow, I should do that more." So...here I go.

Here's another gem:



No comments:

Post a Comment