When the saints go marching in...

I want to be one of them.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Simply Complicated

Simple. This is what I want my life to be...and when it's not, I get frusterated because I have this vision of my life and how I want it to be and how I want my day to go and it never goes that way. "This would only happen to me!" I go school and there's no parking, I go to work and the receptionist is out sick, I try to print something and end up elbow deep in an unplanned printer disection. The truth is, this would only happen to everybody. Everybody's lives are complicated. Supposedly, there are people who live simply. We know this because they get their houses photographed for Real Simple Magazine. These are the sorts of people who have time to do those craft projects featured in Martha Stewart Living. I have yet to meet one of these simple people. Everybody I know uses magazines like Martha Stewart Living as oversized drink coasters that can be flipped through if an important task needs avoiding. The question, "So, how's it going?" seems so unassuming, but the answers it can elicit can be some of the longest (or shortest) narratives you'll ever hear. Everyone has a story...and everyone's story is complicated. There's no way around it. Life is messy. Que Sera Sera.

No comments:

Post a Comment